For someone with oily skin like myself, wearing finishing powder helps control the shine and oil production throughout the day. It also really locks in your foundation.
The best way to apply setting powder is to press it into your skin, you can use a powder puff or a flat brush. Before applying your setting powder make sure you:
• Blend your foundation seamlessly, this step is really important, and this will avoid that cakey look.
• Use a sponge to pat down any excess moisture you may have on your skin before applying your powder.
• Wait for your foundation to dry before you put on your powder.
Now lets get to my top 3:
• My number 1 is the Laura Mercier loose setting powder, I used to use their invisible one, and was so excited when they launched the deep color one. It can be worn alone or on top of foundation. It is super light and finely ground, I use it to bake and also to set my foundation. It keeps me matte all day, it does not crease. The texture is so silky, it is my absolute fave.
• My number 2 and super close contender for number 1 is Maybelline Fit Me loose finishing powder in 40 Dark, OK Maybelline did their thing with this one, they gave us lots of color options. I love an inclusive makeup brand, yasss Maybelline! I feel like it is a tie between this one and the Laura Mercier. It is super affordable: $7 yall! It controls my shine, doesn’t settle in creases, easy to apply (I wear it alone for a natural look when I go to work). It is lightweight, very long-lasting and has a silky finish.
• Last but not least, the Sacha Buttercup setting powder, it is usually my go to when I contour and highlight my face for the gawds it just makes my concealer under my eyes really pop. It is amazing, and it doesn’t leave any unfinished marks. No flashbacks, just a flawless finish.
So there you have it, this is my top three, you can click on the individual pictures above to shop them. What are you favorite powders? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to try new ones. XOXO